Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hangin' out on Facebook... and Etsy

So I decided to join the 21st century and create a fan page on FB for my designs. I've put up a few pictures of my latest scrapbook designs. Come be a fan and get a 50% coupon off my designs. I also have pictures of the carseat covers I've got for sale on Etsy.

Oh, I guess I never posted about that. When my son Adam was a baby, my wonderful mother-in-law made him a carseat cover. It was brilliant! Made of fleece and flannel, it was cozy and warm, which was wonderful for a baby born in November. But better than that, I no longer had to wrestle with keeping a blanket over him in the wind, rain and snow. And a bonus was that it was an extra barrier to keep random strangers from touching my cutie. Shortly after that I borrowed her pattern and started making them for friends. Immediately people started telling me I should sell them. I've used them with 3 more children, making a light one of chambray and flannel for Spencer who was just born in May. Through the years, I've sold a few, when someone commissioned one. But now after years of making these carseat covers, I've opened up an Etsy shop to sell them. They're a little different than that first one Margie made me, but based on that pattern. For summer babies or ones in warmer climates, I also make them of lighter fabrics. And I have some other great items in progress that I'll be putting in, soon. So check it out...

2 comments:

Charlize_C said...

so cute!!

Sonja said...

wow is very sweet Baby Photo