Friday, April 24, 2009

Adorable (if I say so my self) and saved me a bundle!

I had Sydney and Sabrina a little over 3 years ago, so have 2 carseats that are still perfectly good. But they were pretty girly. I just couldn't justify spending $80 on another one for this baby. So I bought some cute fabric, grabbed a seamripper to take apart one of the old covers for a pattern, and... let it sit. HA! I'm such a procrastinator. It's been sitting there, waiting and waiting for me for a couple of weeks.

I'm just 37 weeks along today, and all of my other children have come quite late. But Tuesday, I started having very regular, and uncomfortable contractions. 3-5 minutes apart and very crampy feeling. I had had a pretty full day, out and about with our homeschool co-op, playday at the park and then grocery shopping. But I came home and put my legs up pretty much all evening. Then about 10:30, I realized how uncomfortable I was (normal braxton-hicks for me are just a tight squeeze, not crampy), and that it was happening very regularly. I'd also had my insides rumbling and not feeling well... as had my DH, so we think it might be something we ate. So that could have contributed to it all. I went to bed and made sure to lay on my left side. Slowly they relaxed and I finally fell asleep. But the contractions weren't the thing most keeping me awake, it was the thought of everything I still have to do. I've had it in my head that I'd be having this baby sometime the end of May, so I'm not totally prepared. I have clothes and diapers and all the basic necessities... but no bassinet/crib set up. I needed to recover that darn carseat, maybe buy a new stroller, get a swing, clean out the part of our bedroom we've been using as storage, to make room for the co-sleeper, then actually find the bassinet portion of it, figure out who's keeping the other kids while we go to the hospital, etc. AUGH!!!

So still no baby, thank goodness. But I finally got my act together and got the cover made. And I LOVE IT!!! I'm so happy with how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture of it before I ripped the first cover apart, so I'll show you a picture of my cute Sabrina on her 1st Independence Day...

SabrinaCarseat.jpg picture by Dielledl

And here's the new carseat, all ready for the new baby boy soon (but hopefully not TOO soon) to join our family...

NewCarseatcover.jpg picture by Dielledl

5 comments:

Lori said...

wow! u are so awesome dielle! and i am excited about the baby. i know u have a clan already and what seems like a bunch to do but to hear u speak of a new baby.
a swing!!! a bassinet!! a new baby! i cant help but want another. i have a pretty decent playpen thing that can be used as a bassinet i wish i could give it to you. have u picked a name let me know please.

Vicki said...

It looks great! Very cute. I had not realized you only have 3 weeks left.

Claudi said...

oh, wow dielle, sooo wonderful!! I just love it! I wish I could do something like this!!

Unknown said...

WOW, looks fabulous!! I never would have thought to rip apart the other one for a pattern..thanks for the tip.

agravette said...

Wow! You did an amazing job with the carseat cover! Congrats on the new sweet baby!